Pages

Wednesday 27 October 2010

Fluffy Review - The Postcard Killers by James Patterson and Liza Marklund

I love James Patterson's novels and I was thrilled to be able to read and review The Postcard Killers. I had been waiting for this book for months and it did not disappoint.

The Postcard Killers is about a couple of serial killers preying on young, just married couples all over Europe. The killers taunt the police and media by sending postcards of where they are prior to committing the murders, then following this up by sending morbid photos of the murder scene.

The novel follows Jacob Kanon, a NYPD Homicide detective who's daughter Kimmy was  one of the murdered, on his search across Europe to find the killers. When the killers find themselves in Stockholm, a postcard lands on the desk of Dessie Larsson and she now finds herself caught up in the murder investigation . Will Dessie be able to team up and trust Jacob find the killers and will they be caught at all.

I am always excited to read a James Patterson novel and this is true to James Patterson's style. I loved the descriptions and how the point of view changes from the killers to Dessie to Jacob. I continually had questions to how things had happened. It has all the twists and turns you expect and they keep you on the edge of your seat till the end.

The character of Dessie is easy to like and while Jacob can come across as arrogant, I feel you have to understand where he is coming from with the death of his daughter, you would want people listening to you too. The killers are well thought out and I like that we get to see their back story and why they are who they are today and I feel that the end of the novel fit the story well.

For any James Patterson fan this is a must read and I rate it 4 out of 5 stars.

Many thanks to the publishers for allowing me to read and review this novel for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment