Pages

Sunday 17 October 2010

Fluffy Review - Elvis and the Grateful Dead by Peggy Webb


After reading Elvis and the Dearly Departed I was eager to read the next book in the series and I got it for my kindle straight away.

Elvis and the Grateful Dead continues just after where Elvis and Dearly Departed left off and Callie and Lovie look set to end up in the middle of another murder investigation when during the Tupelo Elvis Impersonator competition an impersonator dies. Well one could of been natural causes but 2, that would be murder right?

I enjoyed this book but not as much as Elvis and the Dearly Departed. I loved the development of Callie's character, especially the developments with her and Jack but my love for the characters of Lovie and Ruby Nell decreased. I felt that they were just a little too annoying as they didn't get their own way. I also was left wondering about where their characters were at the end of the novel.

One of my favourite parts of the novel is the mini chapters which are told from the perspective of Elvis, Callie's basset hound, they are humorous and a great insight into the other characters, but unfortunately did not tell me enough about what was going on with Ruby Nell and the secrets she was keeping.

If you enjoyed the previous novel I am sure you will enjoy this one and I am still looking forward to reading the next book in the series.

All in all I am going to give this book a 3.5 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment