Pages

Friday 22 October 2010

Fluffy Review - Nathaniel Fludd, Beastologist : The Wyverns Treasure by R. L. LaFevers

Nathaniel Fludd, Beastologist : The Wyvern's Treasure is the third book in the series of Nathaniel's adventures of him learning to be a Beastologist. In this book we see Nate and his Aunt Phil returning home after their adventures with a Basalisk to find their house has been ransacked.

After a disappointing trip to London to see if they can find any more information about who would do such a thing, Nate and Aunt Phil hear about trouble with the Wyvern's (giant dragons) and head to Wales to find out what has happened. Could this have anything to do with the searching of Aunt Phil's house? and can Nate and Aunt Phil smooth things over with the Wyvern's or will the Human/Wyvern covenant be destroyed forever?

This is an wonderful children's book and I enjoyed it thoroughly. It is well written and I thoroughly enjoyed the story that was being told. I may be a little biased as I do love children's stories about dragons and this one did not disappoint.

Nate is a wonderful character and he is a great little hero and I loved that he has a pet Gremlin called Greasle. I am really hoping for the next book that Aunt Phil lets him keep Greasle, I don't think the Gremlin is a pest at all.

I definitely liked Nate's guide at the end of the book to fully describe some of the creatures, places and events that were mentioned during the book. It was a great addition to enhance the story.

Lastly I cannot forget the wonderful illustrations by Kelly Murphy. They fit the book perfectly and I loved that while there were the illustrations to enhance the story, and show key scenes, there was also illustrations of the sketches that Nate did during his adventure.

I highly recommend this book and I am rating it 5 out of 5

Many thanks to the publishers who allowed me to read and review this book for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment