Pages

Friday 20 January 2012

Fluffy Review - Unearthly by Cynthia Hand


Unearthly by Cynthia Hand
Publisher: HarperTeen
Release Date: 4th January 2011
Genre: Young Adult

Unearthly is the story of Clara who has just found out that she a part angel and is learning what this means for her. What her duty is to be. Clara is a great character that is so easy to like, even though she is part angel she is still just a normal teenage girl. The boys in the book, Christian and Tucker, are great and it is so hard to to be rooting for just one of them. The whole triangle with them is so well written. It was a refreshing change to have the relationships develop over time rather than the I have seen him, I love him that is frequent in a lot of YA novels.

This book was so easy to read and I couldn't put it down. I was hooked from the beginning and was sad when it ended. This is most definitely a favourite in the selection of angel themed YA books around at the moment.

Unearthly is a wonderful read and a great start to a new series. The sequel Hallowed is out now and while I am hoping for the answers to some of my questions in there I am also hoping for a book 3 too.

No comments:

Post a Comment